Practicing Public Interest Law East of the Anacostia River (DC)
July 5, 2012
Date: Thursday, July 26, 2012.
Time: Noon – 1:30 pm. This is a brown bag lunch.
The East of the River Lawyers invite all interns, law students and interested pro bono attorneys to a lunch-and-learn session in Ward 8 to find out more about practicing public interest law east of the Anacostia River. This brown bag lunch program and panel will feature attorneys from legal services providers that serve the residents of these diverse and vibrant neighborhoods. Imoni Washington of the D.C. Bar Foundation will also join us to discuss the Loan Repayment Assistance Program for poverty lawyers working in the District and the recent grants the DCBF has made to legal services providers serving residents east of the Anacostia River.
* Marc Borbely – Neighborhood Legal Services Program
* Elizabeth Kaplan – Whitman-Walker Health
* Renee Murphy – Children’s Law Center
* Carolyn Rand – Our Place DC
* Kate Sauser – Covington & Burling LLP (Loaned Associate)
* Imoni Washington – Director of Programs, D.C. Bar Foundation
* Moderator and Co-Chair of D.C. Consortium of Legal Services
Providers: Erin Leveton, Quality Trust for Individuals with Disabilities
To Register: Contact Heather Hodges at email@example.com or 202.269.5100.
Location: Neighborhood Legal Services Program
Address: 3101 Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue S.E. NLSP is on the 3rd floor of the Washington Gas Building. On-street parking is available.
By Metro: Take the Green Line to Anacostia or Congress Heights stations.
By MetroBus: A2, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8, A42, A46, A48, W4.