Immigration internship with Catholic Legal Immigration Network
April 25, 2012
The Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc.’s (CLINIC) is seeking interns for its Advocacy section for the summer 2012 session.
Interns will assist attorneys with administrative advocacy efforts to remedy problems faced by low-income immigrants and CLINIC member agencies and assist in our efforts to support state advocates working to combat local anti-immigrant measures. Tasks may include:
- Reviewing government regulations and policy memos
- Drafting comments on federal regulations
- Attending meetings with government agencies, hearings and other events
- Assisting affiliate programs with individual case inquiries
- Researching and analyzing state immigration-related legislation
Applicants must have strong writing and communication skills and excellent attention to detail. These internships are ideal for students considering a career in public policy or advocacy.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to Allison Posner, CLINIC’s Director of Advocacy, at email@example.com.
Visit their web site at www.cliniclegal.org.